Future Students //

Veteran and Active-Duty Students

How to Apply for Education Benefits

For more information visit va.gov/education/how-to-apply/

If you need assistance with the application for benefits, you can contact the School Certifying Official at the college for assistance.

If you are unsure of the benefits available to you, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or 1-800-827-1000.

How Much Money Will I Receive?

Monthly education pay is based on which GI Bill® the veteran is entitled to receive and the length of the qualifying military service. Current payment rates can be found by visiting the VA online rate tables. Post-9/11 GI Bill® recipients’ tuition and fees payments will be sent directly to the school. Monthly housing allowance and books/supplies stipends are sent directly to the student.

What Must I Do to Receive Payment?

Copies of the following documents must be submitted to the VA School Certifying Official (SCO), located in Student Services:

  • Certificate of Eligibility—1st day of training
  • DD Form 214—1st day of training
  • Post-secondary Transcripts—within two trimesters of beginning training*

The SCO will then certify the veteran’s enrollment with the VA. Once the VA receives a veteran's enrollment information, it can take 6-8 weeks for payment to be received. On the last day of each month, veterans will verify their enrollment with the VA's Web Automated Verification of Enrollment  WAVE) form, or by calling 1-877-823-2378.

Enrollment Verification

Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments.

*Upon admission into a program of study, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) requires that all students be evaluated and granted appropriate credit for any program related skills in which they show proficiency. 

What Will Impact My Payments?

  • Prior training for which you are granted credit
  • Breaks in training greater than 7 days

What if I Attended a Previous School or Training Program?

Complete VA Form 22-1995 online to transfer your training to the TCAT. VRAP recipients will complete VA Form 22-1990R online.

Which GI Bill® Chapters Can Be Used at the TCATs?

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP/Chapter 1607)
  • Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP/Chapter 32)
  • Survivors’ & Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA/Chapter 35)                    

NOTE: VA education benefits can only be used for full-time on-campus programs.

Where Can I Find More Information?

Students can access their information and submit questions to the VA by the following methods:


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.