TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern Trimester Safety Plan
“Safety First – The Choice is Yours”
- All programs will be offered in-person.
- Skills/Labs will continue to be offered in small groups, promoting the health and safety of all students.
Institutions will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and adjust safety measures as needed.
All TBR institutions will comply with requirements set by the Commissioner of Health.
Safety Precautions for Students
- All students are recommended to wear a mask while on campus; but we are prohibited to require students, employees, and visitors to wear mask.
- All students are encouraged to practice proper social distancing guidelines (with universal masking, students should maintain a distance of at least 3 feet in classroom settings).
- All students are encouraged to adhere to proper hand washing/sanitizing guidelines.
- All students are encouraged to use personal protective equipment in lab areas, as needed.
- All students must adhere to guidelines set by the Commissioner of Health.
Institutional Safety Precautions
- Deep cleaning will be performed at all locations.
- Routine cleaning will occur daily and after all student interactions in skill/lab areas.
- All faculty and staff members are encouraged to adhere to proper social distancing guidelines.
- All faculty and staff members are encouraged to adhere to proper hand washing/sanitizing guidelines.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) are recommended to be worn by all faculty and staff members.
- Faculty, staff, and students are recommended to wear their own mask. Each institution will maintain a supply of disposable masks and gloves for use.
Instructors may rearrange classroom and lab areas in order to allow social distancing.
Assigned seating can be developed, maintained, and regularly monitored by each instructor.
Masks, social distancing and handwashing/sanitizing are recommended.
Limited gathering in groups.
Proper social distancing.
Taking necessary precautions when eating or drinking, breaks will be given so students can comfortably eat and/or drink. Breaks will be held either outside or in personal zones
COVID-19 Notifications and Responses
If a faculty/staff member or student tests positive for COVID-19:
- Notify the institution.
- Take necessary precautions as it relates to the illness.
- The Commissioner of Health has sole authority to determine quarantine and isolation guidelines. We are no longer required to follow CDC guidelines.
- TBR institutions do not have the authority to quarantine or isolate a person.
- State Higher Education Institutions (TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern) will no longer be allowed to require masks, only recommend mask usage.
- Quarantine Limitations - Institutions may request that students and employees comply with CDC guidelines regarding quarantine and isolation, but colleges cannot require compliance with any requirements other than those set by the Commissioner of Health. Institutional responses to sickness are general and not specifically related to COVID-19.
- Vaccination Prohibitions - TBR institutions cannot require employees or students either to get a COVID vaccination or to provide proof of vaccination, unless to comply with an Executive Order.
- Clinical Affiliation and Training: No change in TBR Clinical Affiliation and Training. Healthcare facilities that accept Medicare/Medicaid are permitted to require students and employees of TBR institutions to be vaccinated and/or to wear masks in order to participate in their programs. Any vaccination/masking requirements are those of the clinical partner, not the college.
Our new Motto for TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern is:
“Safety First – The Choice Is Yours”
TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern Safe Community Pledge
I pledge to uphold the TCAT Covington/Ripley/Newbern Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and community by:
- Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
- Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
- Maintaining social distancing guidelines
- Protecting myself and others in areas of campus where distancing is not possible
- Washing my hands frequently and thoroughly
- Staying home if sick or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
- Properly wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as recommended by the college
- Looking out for the well-being of others and providing encouragement for their faithful commitment to this pledge
Dr. Youlanda Jones
Tennessee College of Applied Technology