The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a Full-Time Student Support Specialist. This is a grant funded position.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a technical degree, BS preferred. Three years of experience working in a post-secondary institution preferred. Evidence of excellent communication and computer skills. Ability to multi-task and possess organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional customer service skills.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for a copy of the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
Attn: Marcy Johnson, Human Resource Office
127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Contact and communicate with secondary guidance counselors, principals, superintendents, teachers, and students in high schools throughout the service area, and with American Job Centers, Vocational Rehabilitation, Human Services, Veterans Administration, and other agencies who direct prospective students to the college.
- Assist with recruitment – including answering phone calls, assisting with walk-ins, disseminating information regarding the programs available, and providing tours of the College.
- Maintain files on perspective students and notify them of enrollment date.
- Assist with registering new and continuing students – including creating ID Badges.
- Create and maintain marketing materials.
- Coordinate an effective social media presence.
- Participate in school, community, business, industry, and professional relationship endeavors.
- Inform prospective students of the availability of financial aid programs.
- Facilitate current students and prospective students with their financial aid applications (FAFSA).
- File applications electronically for students as needed.
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process. Makes necessary referrals to other student service offices.
- Attend high school financial aid nights and assist with FAFSA events.
- Assist team members when necessary to enable the success of the department.
- Assist in IPEDS and NSDLS Reporting