The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Manufacturing Technology (Welding/Machining) Dual Enrollment Instructor located at Halls High School. The part-time position hours will be based on a block schedule. The hours will either be 8:00 am – 11:00 am or 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment_for a copy of the TCAT Ripley job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
- High school diploma, technical diploma or equivalent higher education in related field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years' related work experience.
- Must be proficient in Oxyacetylene cutting, Plasma Cutting, Oxyacetylene Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
- Must be proficient in the use of vertical and horizontal milling machines, manual engine lathes, grinders, drill press, saws, Die sinker EDM, computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines such as Fanuc controllers; Haas Machining Centers and other equipment related to the machine tool industry.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
- Maintain personal credentialing and certification in related field as required.
- Must have effective ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs; audio/visual equipment and software; and working knowledge of maintaining student records and/or sensitive information.
- Provide instruction to students in all areas of the Welding Technology and Machining Program curriculum.
- Monitor, grade and evaluate individual students' progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Ensure efficient and safe delivery of instruction to students.
- Perform related tasks and other duties as assigned.