Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment to complete the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive
Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the manufacturing, engineering, or machinist field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of basic electrical components.
- Must possess knowledge of construction math.
- Must possess basic understanding of CNC machinery.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must possess knowledge of mechatronics and welding technology.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) certifications preferred.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
The Manufacturing Technology Instructor at the Northwest Correctional Complex is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students in vocational training in order to prepare them to re-enter the job market in the manufacturing industry. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students perusing a modern working environment. The Instructor must monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Ripley administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the Northwest Correctional Complex.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.