The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a full-time Industrial Maintenance Automation instructor. This will be an evening position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associate’s degree preferred. Teaching experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Industrial Maintenance field within the last five years.
- Proficient and experienced in electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software, and hardware.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with adult students.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, basic computer software, and hardware. The instructor must monitor and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; and submit timely reports. Must possess the evidence of potential ability in instruction, good communication skills and a commitment to remain current in the occupation. Must be computer literate. Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, completion, placement and licensure. Performs related work and other duties as assigned.