Job TitleFinancial Aid/Student Support Specialist
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a full-time Financial Aid / Student Support Specialist.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for a copy of the TCAT Ripley job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to: Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley, 127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a technical degree; B.S. preferred. Minimum of 5 years related work experience. 3-5 years office experience with general knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Prior financial aid experience preferred.
- Conducts needs analysis in compliance with federal criteria to determine the relative eligibility of each financial aid applicant.
- Conducts verification of student and parent application data in compliance with federal criteria.
- Determines the amount of financial aid to be awarded through the packaging process according to federal, state and institutional requirements. Monitors individual student awards. Resolves data conflicts and over awards.
- Provides financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process. Makes necessary referrals to other student service offices.
- Helps monitor and evaluate Satisfactory Academic Progress of students. Assists with adjunction of student appeals relating to academic progress.
- Interacts with appropriate outside entities in order to facilitate the student eligibility process.
- Serving as primary point of contact for current and prospective students.
- Utilize enhanced internal and external communication systems to inform parents and students about financial aid policy and procedures.
- Help coordinate an effective social media presence for all campuses.
- Coordinate with Business Office and Student Services. Assist team members when necessary to enable the success of the department.
- Maintain professional connections in state and national financial aid organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service, organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate sensitive and/or complex information in a confidential and straightforward manner.
- Must be a creative problem solver.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle a heavy work load.
- Familiarity with academic environment, policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work additional hours and travel as necessary.