Job TitleCTE Outreach Specialist - Grant-Funded
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Northwest Ripley Branch Campus is accepting applications for a full-time CTE Outreach Specialist. Some evenings and weekends may be required. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley,
127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Requires a technical diploma, B.S. degree preferred.
- Three years of experience working in a post-secondary institution preferred.
- Evidence of excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Possess organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Conduct outreach activities and events with regional trade associations, economic development agencies, business/industry, and community agencies to identify emerging skills, hiring trends, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Coordinate needs analysis, market surveys, and other Perkins V-related research to identify viable and sustainable secondary-to-postsecondary CTE pathways.
- Contact and communicate with secondary guidance counselors, principals, superintendents, teachers, and students in high schools throughout the service delivery area, business and industry, and other agencies.
- Conduct and coordinate information workshops and tours for underrepresented and special populations, informing prospective students about the advantages of career and technical education.
- Create and maintain marketing materials and assist in coordinating an effective social media presence to promote underrepresented and special populations such as non-traditional students.
- Coordinate professional development opportunities for CTE staff, such as attending the National Alliance for Partnerships and Equity Annual Conference.
- Collaborate with key campus and off-campus stakeholders to ensure institution-wide awareness, commitment, and support for achieving progress toward Perkins program performance standards.
- Facilitate Special Populations projects and activities specifically focusing on the needs of Special Populations Students.
- Implement CTE student equity initiatives and monitor outcomes for student equity training.
- Performs other duties directly and uniquely related to career and technical education as assigned by the Lead Student Services Coordinator.