The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for the full-time position of Computer Information Technology Instructor at the West Tennessee State Penitentiary located in Henning, TN. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Process: Résumé with completed TCAT Ripley employment application required. Submissions missing either document will not be reviewed for the position. TCAT employment application available at: https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment.
Submit TCAT employment application with résumé by mail to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley, Attn: Marcy Johnson, 127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Documents: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
- Technical diploma in instructional area or equivalent higher education with credentials in related field. Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Computer Information Technology field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in network administration, PC hardware, systems analysis and software.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications and Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
The Computer Information Technology Instructor at the West Tennessee State Penitentiary is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students in vocational training in order to prepare them to re-enter the job market in the Computer Information Technology industry. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction to students in areas including, but not limited to troubleshooting, system architecture and protocols, software applications, programming, hardware assembly and repair, backup strategies, networking and configuring computers and related peripheral devices. The instructor must monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Ripley administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the West Tennessee State Penitentiary.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, the general public and business/industry representatives.