The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for the full-time position of Building Construction Technology Instructor at the West Tennessee State Penitentiary located in Henning, TN. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Process: Résumé with completed TCAT Ripley employment application required. Submissions missing either document will not be reviewed for the position. TCAT employment application available at: https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment.
Submit TCAT employment application with résumé by mail to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley, Attn: Marcy Johnson, 127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN 38063 or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Employment Documents:: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Post-secondary credential in Building Construction Technology from an accredited institution preferred. Associate Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience in the building construction field within the last five years.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and masonry.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students is a plus.
- Must possess all required licensures, certifications, and/or accreditation for the field or the ability to become certified and licensed within twelve (12) calendar months.
The Building Construction Technology Instructor at the West Tennessee State Penitentiary is responsible for instructing rehabilitation and correctional students in vocational training in order to prepare them to re-enter the job market in the construction industry. This position provides theory and hands-on skills instruction in the areas including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, brick/block laying, construction math, worker ethics and safety. The instructor must monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress; maintain appropriate documentation of student progress; submit timely reports; and maintain close communication with correctional personnel and TCAT Ripley administration. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to tour the West Tennessee State Penitentiary.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff, general public, and business and industry.
- Must show evidence of good character and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the instructional field.
- Must possess organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher.