Job TitleBarbering Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for the position of a Full-time Evening Barbering Instructor.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment_for a copy of the TCAT Ripley job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN
EOE/Title IX/Tit1e VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Candidate must have a high school education or equivalent, post-secondary diploma preferred, and a current active Tennessee Barbering Instructor’s license. Teaching experience preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful work experience in Barbering.
- Knowledge of the Barbering and Cosmetology industry and state licensure processes; highly effective communication skills; high level of computer skills; willing to work extra hours to support college and community events.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to deal pleasantly and tactfully with students and customers.
- Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and general public.
- Must have excellent professional ethics, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Remain current within instructional field and technologies; acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional methodologies and materials.
- Responsible for teaching all phases of the Barbering program.
- Facilitate the classroom instructional process.
- Evaluate and monitor student progress, assign and maintain grades and records, and provide academic assistance to students.
- Counsel and advise students on career goals, work to retain students, maintain required classroom and office hours.
- Must be able to coordinate practical experiences and manage patron services.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, completion, placement and licensure.
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.