The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a part-time Instructor in the Adult Education Program. This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students, provides instructional and registration /intake related services for potential and current students. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment to complete the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive
Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents institution
- Bachelor Degree in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal/customer service skills, and organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel to satellite class location and to businesses in the service area.
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development.
Experience in an adult education environment.
Knowledge of data management system.
Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources.
Maintain student files to track students for post testing.
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work and provide instruction.
- Assist with graduation of Adult Ed students.
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling, attendance and student goals.
- Administer and interpret scores HiSET and TABE exams for student placement and instruction.
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets.
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills.
- Maintain time and effort documentation.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students’ progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains.
- Perform other duties as assigned.