The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a Part-Time Evening Instructor in the Adult Education Program. This is a grant-funded position.
This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students, provides instructional and registration /intake related services for potential and current students.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
- Baccalaureate in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License preferred, or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, One Drive, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal/customer service skills, and organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Travel to satellite class locations if necessary.
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development.
- Experience in an adult education environment.
- Knowledge of data management system.
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources.
- Maintain student files to track students for post testing.
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work and provide instruction.
- Assist with graduation of AE students.
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling, attendance and student goals.
- Administer and interpret scores HiSET and TABE exams for student placement and instruction.
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets.
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills.
- Maintain time and effort documentation.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students’ progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains.
- Perform other duties as assigned.