Job TitleAdult Education Instructor - Gates, TN
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a part-time Adult Education Instructor working in the Adult Education Program in Lauderdale County at the Gates, TN location. The instructor interacts with students and provides instruction and registration /intake-related services for potential and current students. This is a grant-funded position.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment_for a copy of the TCAT Ripley job application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive, Ripley, TN
EOE/Title IX/Tit1e VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Baccalaureate in Education or related field, and Tennessee Teacher's License or approved Adult Education Licensure Waiver.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software.
- Effective and excellent communication, both orally and in writing
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development.
- Experience in an adult education environment.
- Knowledge of data management systems.
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources.
- Maintain student files to track students for post-testing.
- Work as a team member
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work and provide instruction.
- Accept responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
- Develop a recruitment plan that informs the target population of program services and attracts prospective adult learners.
- Assist students with resumes and job applications.
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling.
- Administer and interpret scores on HiSET and TABE exams for student placement and instruction.
- Administer and interpret scores for CASAS and HiSET OPT exams for student placement and instruction.
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files and report documentation, including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students' progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains.
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills
- Maintaining time and effort documentation.
- Work toward classroom improvement based on program goals .
- Post-test all students after 40 hours of instruction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.