The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley is accepting applications for a Full-Time Coordinator/Instructor in the Adult Education Program. This is a grant-funded position. The Adult Education Coordinator/Instructor is responsible for the administrative leadership and support of the TCAT Ripley /Lauderdale County Adult Education Program.
Application Deadline: Review of application will commence immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please visit https://tcatripley.edu/about/jobs-and-employment for the TCAT Ripley employment application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and application to:
Marcy Johnson, Tennessee College of Applied Technology Ripley
127 Industrial Drive
Ripley, TN 38063
EOE/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.), as well as the ability to use other computer software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal/customer service skills, and organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel to satellite class locations if necessary.
- Participate in local and state activities/staff development.
- Experience in an adult education environment.
- Knowledge of data management system.
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources.
- Administer Adult Education program activities according to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare monthly reimbursement invoices of federal and state funds and maintaining monthly time and effort sheets.
- Supervise and evaluate Adult Education program staff.
- Submit Adult Education program reports to the Division of Adult Education in a timely manner.
- Serve as Career Coach to assist students with resumes and job applications and collaborate with workforce partners to develop career pathways and workforce development initiatives including certification programs, integrated education and training programs, and pre-apprenticeships.
- Ensure all required data is entered into VOS/Jobs4TN management information system according to state guidelines and timelines.
- Develop a recruitment plan that informs the target population of program services and attracts prospective adult learners.
- Develop an intake and orientation process that clarifies student and program goals and expectations and ensures appropriate placement in the program.
- Assist in securing competent teachers and provide orientation for new teachers and staff.
- Schedule classes at locations and times that are accessible to the students' needs.
- Coordinate graduation activities for adult education graduates.
- Keep teachers/staff informed of state policies affecting them and of recent trends in adult education.
- Attend state-sponsored training as appropriate and/or required, including, but not limited to: leadership summits, regional meetings and/or teleconferences, and the Academy for Instructional Excellence. If attendance at meetings is not possible, the individual is responsible for all information presented.
- Assist with instructional duties as warranted.